Yogi Tea - Soothing, Detoxifying, and Delicious


Yogi Tea

Yogi Tea Recipe

One of my favorite things to do after a yoga class is to gather with my yogi pals while sipping a delicious and nourishing cup of yogi tea.  I recently learned how to make a batch of this organic, healthy, and detoxifying tea at home.  Now I enjoy starting and ending my day with a soothing cup of this heavenly goodness.  


I make a gallon of it at a time and store the leftover tea in glass bottles in the refrigerator.  Throughout the week I heat up a cup at a time in my tea kettle as needed.  As the only tea drinker in my home, I find this recipe lasts me about 4 days.  This herbal formula helps stimulate your agni, or internal digestive fire, and also helps to detoxify your system.


Ingredients and Benefits of Yogi Tea   

*For added health benefits, only use USDA organic ingredients*


1 gallon of spring water

30 cloves                                                              
(beneficial to the nervous system)


30 whole green cardamom pods – break apart   
(digestive aid)


30 whole black peppercorns                                 
(blood purifier)


2 large or 5 small cinnamon sticks                        
(strengthens the bones)


1 slice of fresh ginger the size of your finger        
(healing for colds/flu, increases energy)


1 teabag of black tea                                             
(immune-boosting antioxidant)


Steps to Making Yogi Tea


Bring 1 gallon of spring water to a boil

Put all of the ingredients (except the black tea bag) in the pot and boil covered for 1 hour

Toss in the black teabag for the last 5 minutes

Strain the tea and enjoy!

Sweeten with honey if desired

Organic Ingredients










Michelle Kellogg
Reiki Master - Kundalini Yoga Teacher - Angel Card Reader
702-215-9660




Popular Posts